Why is core strength and stability so important? For a number of reasons, core stability exercises are essential in every workout.
– They improve your ability to stabilise your spine during exercise.
– Work your visible abdominal muscles to give you that elusive 6-pack.
– They strengthen your core; improving your ability to perform big lifts.
– Support spine during every day activity to prevent and reduce back pain.
– Reduce risk of back deformity in elder years (Hyper-Kyphosis & Hyper-Lordosis).
– If performing rotational exercises, all core muscles are used resulting in improved partnership between abdominals, lower back and hips.
– They look better, make you feel stronger, make you feel slimmer, and give you confidence with or without a top on.
Don’t neglect core stability exercises!
5 Examples of Core Stability exercises are as follows:
1. The Plank
2. Bent Knee Sit Ups
3. Straight Leg Sit Ups
4. Side Plank
5. Trunk Curls